There are some great products on the market that can cut your energy bills by a substantial amount, just by investing in good quality, custom made and designed curtains and blinds you can lower your energy consumption.
- Stay warm and cosy without costing the earth!
You can also invest in "green products" for your windows that not only help conserve on your energy bills, but are environmentally friendly. Such as Hemptech Fabrics,
which are made in New Zealand, from natural hemp fibres.
One of the reasons for the rise in our energy consumption this is due to the trend of minimalist decorative style in furniture and furnishings. This is turn has led to an increase in heating and cooling with air conditioning due to windows
being without treatment
, or blinds
that offer little or no insulation value.
As an eco conscious society and the cost of energy rising we are now adding the “soft decorative comforts” back into our homes, in a contemporary fashion. Good quality curtain and blind design
can provide the required essential practical solutions, as well as be a statement and an expression of individual’s style.
, good design
, fully lined and professionally fitted curtains and blinds
will provide insulation & save on energy costs. A typical home generates more than 1 tone of greenhouse gas per year. 1° fall in temperature of your home can add up to 10% to the average heating bill and preserve up to 20% of total heat.
Good quality window treatments
also protect your furniture and carpets from fading, control the degree of privacy and light entering a room. They can enhance architectural features, create ambience, add style, colour, and personality while reducing noise levels, as well as increase the value of enjoyment of your home.
Not sure what your personal style is? Professional interior designers
are experts at translating your various likes, dislikes, thoughts and feelings into a finished product, which brings life to your ideas. Hiring a professional to assist you with your interior design
might sound like an unnecessary expense, but it is easy to make expensive mistakes unless you’re naturally gifted with perfect design flair.
and professionally manufactured curtains and blinds
, combined with complimentary soft furnishings increase the value of your home. But don’t forget opt for luxurious designer fabrics
, quality linings and well-engineered tracking.
HOW TO BRING DOWN ENERGY COSTS WITH WINDOW TREATMENTS TIPS:
- Use natural sunshine during winter months to warm your rooms, but close off the windows as soon as the temperature starts to drop.
- Keep curtains and blinds drawn in summer to block heat in the hottest part of the day.
- The most important thing about window treatments and saving energy (thus saving money) is about the design and installation
- Add solar window film to your windows. It traps heat inside in winter and blocks heat, or reflects it back outside in summer.
- Medium colour drapes and curtains and blinds don’t absorb as much heat in summer as dark colours.
- If you’re one of those people who is always looking for new ways to “go green”, then you’ll be happy to know that there are a number of Eco-friendly window treatment options
- Learn about Eco friendly and green options for your window treatments
- Fortunately, for today's savvy and earth-conscious homeowner, many affordable options now exist for green or Eco-friendly window treatments
- Our home is a reflection of how we choose to live
- There are so many interesting things you can do with your windows to make them attractive and eco-friendly
- A well-designed window treatment not only adds a decorative touch to a room, it also enhances energy conservation
- Are you thinking of ways to save money around your home? Are you concerned with conserving energy? You can do both at the same time
- It’s nice to know that your window treatment can look beautiful and be environmentally responsible at the same time
- Window coverings are a necessity for any home not just for style but for practical purposes
- Innovative window treatments for your home and lifestyle
- Decorate your home with the right window coverings
- Stylish new direction in the selection of innovative window treatments for your home
- Keeping up with the latest trends, without being a 'slave to fashion
- Important aspect in choosing the perfect window fashion to transform your home
- The installation of window coverings can provide substantial long term savings
Share with us your tips for conserving electricity and cutting energy costs...
AGATHA O house of design – interior decoration & design is an award winning interior design Company in Adelaide, South Australia writing about lifestyle and WHAT’S HOT in the world of interior design, architecture, art and travel.