After so many years of living in white, cream and beige homes we are all looking to add some va, va, va voom! to our lives, and the inspiration is being provided by the artist Piet Mondrian's with his avant-garde style of colour blocking for todays homes, especially when it comes to interior design for Adelaide’s new homes and new office spaces.
- Artist Piet Mondrian
Piet Mondrian's evolved a non-representational form which he termed Neo-Plasticism. This consisted of white ground, upon which was painted a grid of vertical and horizontal black lines and the three primary colours
In today’s term “colour blocking”
, involves painting irregular size rectangles and squares of colour
on a wall and can be coloured
in three or more different shades, just like Mondrian paintings. Black or white can be used as an accent.
Balance, scale, proportion and colour
hue selections are the key design elements to colour
blocking. From any angle you look at it, it has to reveal another layer of depth to stimulate the imagination.
blocking is a fantastic method for unleashing the artist within us all and does not restrict us to our colour
pallet or size. For a totally exhilarating and intoxicating sensation try treating the walls, floor and ceiling as one canvas.
If you are looking to change the design
of your home, it is advisable to hire professional interior designers
to help you create your new look. Here are some examples that may help you get inspired, from the home decor
to high end fashion, as well as colour
blocking by mother nature.
- Balance, scale, proportion and colour hue selections are the key design elements to colour blocking
- Colour block, pop and tone
- Colour blocking is a sure-fire way to brighten up your wardrobe (even on a grey day)
- Avant-garde style of colour blocking for today's homes
- Looking to add more colour in your home?
- Colour blocking is an easy way to highlight a feature
- So bold and inspiring!
- Colour blocking is not only trendy, but a gorgeous, classic and exciting
- Colour Blocking…marrying strong bold colours with one another to compliment the others opposite
- The Good and The Divine!
- Loud and proud colour combinations make for a dynamic, confident look
- From orange and hot pink to pastel blue ...
Are you colour blocking your home decor? tell us about it or leave a comment ...
AGATHA O house of design – interior decoration & design is an award winning interior design Company in Adelaide, South Australia writing about lifestyle and WHAT’S HOT in the world of interior design, architecture, art and travel.