Summer often means enjoying the outdoors with friends and family for a weekend barbecue or catching some sun by the pool. Now that pleasant weather is upon us, you may be thinking about what can be done to dress up your outdoor living space for entertaining, and recreating a resort getaway in you own backyard.
- What's new in outdoor living areas today?
When deciding on what you can do to improve your outdoor living
area, think of it as an extension of your indoor living space, by creating an ’interior look’ outside. This means bringing your interior palette outside by choosing decor that complements your indoor look. This can be reflected in the type of flowers planted, designer fabrics
chosen as well as furniture and furnishings.
The dramatic designer collection of indoor/outdoor designer fabrics
featured below are inspired by the poolside lifestyle of Los Angeles and Palm Springs, and also a variety of cultural influences and landscapes which are found in California, with a retro twist.
Bold geometric patterns are mixed with prints derived from natural motifs with vintage apparel. The colour palette of this collection is fashion-influenced; “flirting with fashion!” bright and breezy shades of turquoise, citron, watermelon and marine are combined with smart neutrals such as sand dune and charcoal, giving these outdoor
suitable prints a thoroughly modern appeal. This collection will help you be Retro Pool Party ready!
The beautiful and durable designer fabrics
are woven solution dyed outdoor
acrylic yarns. Prints in the collection feature highly durable outdoor
pigments on acrylic grounds in twill and canvas weaves. Using Sunbrella®
branded Solution Dyed outdoor
Acrylic yarns in matelassé and luxurious multihued qualities which have been washed for an extra soft and supple hand.
- While outdoor entertaining has always been a way of life in Australia, a revolution is underway that is changing how we live
- An “indoor/outdoor” space is ideally an extension of both your living space and alfresco area – the indoors goes out and vice versa
- Important thing about design is how it relates to people and their lifestyle
- Outdoor living spaces are a great way to extend living space
- Indoor-outdoor luxury living at its finest
- "Open-air sitting rooms" are designed to encourage families to get together
WOW! Knock your socks off! When you make a statement, make it memorable! REBECCA MOSES
AGATHA O house of design – interior decoration & design is an award winning interior design Company in Adelaide, South Australia writing about lifestyle and WHAT’S HOT in the world of interior design, architecture, art and travel.