- Agatha O specialises in high quality, stylish and elegant bathrooms that have been professionally designed
Anyone who’s had the pleasure will tell you there’s nothing like a “spa getaway” to tame your stress levels, and rejuvenate your spirit. Because it's not always possible to jet off to a resort for pampering. An increasing number of people are re-creating these luxurious settings in the privacy of their own home with a, 'spa inspired bathroom design'. Is there a more convenient place to get away from it all than right down the hallway in the comfort of your own home?
The following interior design tips and ideas will transform your everyday bathroom into a luxurious retreat away from the demands of the day.
To set the mood look for natural coloured materials and finishes, such as natural timbers and or dark wood/espresso coloured cabinetry. With that floor and wall tiles in a lighter latte colour, try to avoid white wall tiles as it is a clinical look and defeats what you are trying to create. Natural wood through to latte and even chocolate colour hues have a calming effect on our minds and bodies. But for the ultimate five star getaway I like to use charcoal coloured tile, floor to ceiling and in a natural matt or textured finish. It adds a touch of elegance.
The most important design element of your new bathroom is a practical floor plan layout and a bath as a central feature. If your new bathroom isn’t practical, functional and striking all at the same time, that's just money wasted. If you are having problems in this area or need some advice we can assist you, or design the bathroom from you. With over 7 years of experience in bathroom designs we can help you create your ultimate spa getaway.
You can add colour to the bathroom through one of the eye catching natural basins or hand painted tiles featured below, a decorative mirror and I always use mood lighting. Attention to detail is just as important as the well planed design for a total stylish living experience.
The bathroom design should not be cramped or have any sharp angle as it is bad Feng Shui. I always install wall shelves for candles with a few tropical plants which will make you feel like you are on an island.
If you want to take this atmosphere through to your bedroom, I would recommend you start with long flowing natural hemp curtains. It has a casual elegance about it.
- Building a new bathroom or updating the one you've got? You'll find great ideas for bathroom design & renovation
- Want to exchange your old bathroom for something sleek, modern, stylish and fresh? Want to wake up to a quality, designer bathroom straight from the pages of your favourite Interiors magazine? Do you want your bathroom to reflect your style... cosmopolitan, exclusive, exceptional, unique? Then talk to us
- Hand made basins that certainly cause a splash!
- They are one of the first-and-last-used fixtures of our day, yet many of us never give them a second thought
- These basin designs beg to be noticed and in many cases also offer innovative functions
- Handmade tiles look great anywhere whether as a splash-back tile or wall tiles in a bathroom
I love the look of these natural stone basins ...